Specialty: Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
Alejandro Mejia joined the Materials & Metallurgical Engineering Group at CEP Toronto in July 2015. He received his bachelor's degree in Materials Engineering from the University of Toronto in June 2015. He has worked for over 2 years investigating failures of metals, ceramics and polymers.
As a Materials Forensic Investigator, he carries out on-site investigations, detailed examinations, and analysis. He conducts research and performs simulations and testing to determine the causes of failure in all types of materials. He uses this information to prepare expert reports.
- Failure Analysis
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials
- Product Design
- Materials Selection
- Materials Testing
- Corrosion and Degradation
- Materials Characterization
- Materials Processing
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Heavy Industrial Equipment Failures
- Vehicle Component Failures